My photo

People write diaries. Their diaries describe their personality. I write on my blog. It describes me way too well. :D
My writing takes me places my mind never wanted to go
Everyone writes. From the ink of their thoughts, by the pen of their mind on the page of their face. Everyone writes.I love to write. It is a passion; a compulsion; something that gives me an avenue to express myself. I write when I am happy; when I am sad or when an issue touches my heart. I find inspiration to write in every aspect of life.
This blog is dedicated to anything and everything that fills my thoughts and occupies cranial space

Friday, February 19, 2010

Planning

Planning, an eight letter word, has a great importance importance in everybody’s life. Planning is not only necessary in starting a work but is also essential in bringing a positive result. All of us follow knowingly or unknowingly plans about the future works daily. And we must admit that it brings more successful results.

Proper planning not only helps us in doing our work properly but also in saving our precious time. And the time saved by us in the previous planned activity can be utilized in planning the other activity.

Let me share a very interesting story with my readers. Many of my readers must have heard about it earlier, but its very interesting:-

One night 4 college students were playing late night and could not study for the test which was scheduled for the next day.

In the morning they thought of a plan. They made themselves look as dirty with grease and dirt. They then went up to the Dean and said that they had gone out to a wedding last night and on their return the tyre of their car burst and they had to push the car all the way
back and that they were in no condition to appear for the test.

So the Dean said they could have the re-test after 3 days. They thanked him and said they would be ready by that time.

On the third day they appeared before the Dean. The dean said that as this was a Special Condition Test, all four were required to sit in separate classrooms for the test. They all agreed as they had prepared well in the last 3 days.

.
.
.
.
The test consisted of 2 questions with a total of 100 marks.
The questions were-

Q1. Name of the Car??
……………… (2 MARKS)

Q2. Which tyre burst?? (98MARKS)

a) Front left b) Front right
c) Back left d) Back right

This story is not a self made story, but a true story of the 1992 batch of IIT Bombay.

All this tells us about the importance of planning in our day- to – days.
Planning is not only necessary in the formulation of plans but also in putting the plans to work.

Famous thinker Brian Tracy has once said-
“Every minute you spend in planning saves 10 minutes in execution; this gives you a thousand percent return on energy!”

So give some time to planning in your life. Remember everybody have 24 hours in a day, and what matters is hoe we spend this 24 hours. Proper planning done in 10-15 minutes can present a proper layout of the work to be done in the 24 hours.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. An absolutely fantastically written and well planned article!

    I have the knack of supplementing your articles even when it may not be very necessary....... but this time, i give in!
    i could not have myself written a better article or added anything to this one!

    great going ankit! and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I guess, you liked this post..because you read until here, soooo long...:)
So let me know also, by leaving a comment so that i can pat myself on my back....;)