My photo

People write diaries. Their diaries describe their personality. I write on my blog. It describes me way too well. :D
My writing takes me places my mind never wanted to go
Everyone writes. From the ink of their thoughts, by the pen of their mind on the page of their face. Everyone writes.I love to write. It is a passion; a compulsion; something that gives me an avenue to express myself. I write when I am happy; when I am sad or when an issue touches my heart. I find inspiration to write in every aspect of life.
This blog is dedicated to anything and everything that fills my thoughts and occupies cranial space

Friday, March 19, 2010

Struggle

Can anyone imagine his life without struggle? Certainly not. Life without struggle will be boring. It will be like a melted ice-cream or a drink without any flavor. If we want to be successful in life then we have to struggle, as there is no shortcut to success other then struggle. Struggle in life is must for success. Nothing worthwhile in life comes without struggle.
Yesterday night, I read a very beautiful story about struggle. The story goes as-
A biology teacher was teaching his students how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. He told the students that in the next couple of hours, the butterfly would struggle to come out of the cocoon, but no one should help the butterfly. Then he left.
The students were waiting and it happened. The butterfly struggled to get out of the cocoon and against the advice of the teacher, one of the students took pity on it and decided to help the butterfly out of the cocoon. He broke the cocoon to help the butterfly so it didn’t have to struggle anymore. But, shortly afterwards, the butterfly died.
When the teacher returned, he was told what had happened. He explained to the student that it is a law of nature that the struggle to come out of the cocoon actually helps develop and strengthen the butterfly’s wings. By helping the butterfly, the boy had deprived the butterfly of its struggle and the butterfly died.

The same principle applies to our lives.
In life never forget that every success story is also a story of great failure. Failure is the highway to success. If we study history, we will find that all the stories success are also stories of great failures. But people don’t see the failures. They only see the end result and got lucky.
Some examples from the history are-

A New York Times editorial, questioned the wisdom of Wright brothers who were trying to invent a machine, heavier than air, that would fly. One week later, the Wright Brothers took their famous flight.
One day a partially deaf four year old child came home with a note in his pocket from his teacher, “Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, get him out of the school.” His mother read the note and answered, “My Tommy is not too stupid to learn, I will teach him myself.” And that Tommy grew up to be the great Thomas Edison. He had only three months of formal schooling.
Henry Ford forgot to put the reverse gear in the first car he made.
Abraham Lincoln’s example is also in the list, whose story I have already published in my blog.

Setbacks are inevitable. A setback can act as a driving force and also to teach us humility. In grief, we will find courage and faith to overcome the setback. Learn to become victors, not victims. Fear and doubt short-circuit the mind.
Tom Watson Sr., of IBM has once said,
“If you want to succeed, double your failure rate.”
Thanks

1 comment:

  1. i never really thought of this in this light!
    ................. for the new perspective!

    ReplyDelete

I guess, you liked this post..because you read until here, soooo long...:)
So let me know also, by leaving a comment so that i can pat myself on my back....;)