My photo

People write diaries. Their diaries describe their personality. I write on my blog. It describes me way too well. :D
My writing takes me places my mind never wanted to go
Everyone writes. From the ink of their thoughts, by the pen of their mind on the page of their face. Everyone writes.I love to write. It is a passion; a compulsion; something that gives me an avenue to express myself. I write when I am happy; when I am sad or when an issue touches my heart. I find inspiration to write in every aspect of life.
This blog is dedicated to anything and everything that fills my thoughts and occupies cranial space

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Happy Diwali

Diwali is around the corner. Most of us are getting ready to celebrate it big time with friends and family. But please take a moment to think of the less fortunate among us. Can you do something about them?

Yes you definitely can.
And no we are not talking of giving gifts, clothes and sweets to the poor!

STOP BUYING AND BURSTING CRACKERS.
SAVE A FEW CHILDREN THEIR LIVES! SAVE YOURSELF!
Even if 1000 change, it will be a great Diwali present




                         Don't mistake seven year old Nurba for playing. She is working. Isn't it so sad.

Think about the child  above and thousands of other Children involved in child labor in our Fireworks factories. Think of the little boy below making crackers and the face of the girl inhaling the hazardous chemicals as she carelessly stuffs them into your favorite cracker.







PLEASE DON'T BUY AND BURST CRACKERS BECAUSE

* You are helping an industry that unethically and inhumanely employs thousands of children

* Bursting Firecrackers was not part of our old Diwali tradition until they were invented recently

* The pollution (both noise, air and water) that you cause affects a lot of people

* Firecrackers are not safe for you or especially Children. They contain hazardous chemicals




STILL IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THEM AND DEFINITELY WANT TO BURST!
  
* Please think twice if you want to burst instead of throwing away and not buy next time

* If you still want to burst, make sure you don't cause trouble to neighbors, pedestrians and traffic

* Don't burst high decibel, high sounding crackers to cause panic to sick & elderly

* DON'T BURST CRACKERS FROM 10PM to 6AM - it is illegal as per Supreme Court orders

Hope you will be a responsible and morally good citizen of India. Let us stop Child Labour, Let us stop polluting, Let us leave behind a better Earth for our Children.

Plus To celebrate Healthy Diwali lets pledge not to buy synthetic sweets from BAZAAR on this DIWALI.
Our joining this campaign by not purchasing NAKLI KHOYA SWEETS and SYNTHETIC MILK PRODUCTS will discourage those who indulge in this menance.
We can prepare neat, clean and healthy Gulab Jamun, Besan ki Burfi etc. at home to give our family poison free and chemical free sweets.
Lets join this religious campaign and make it a thumping success by spreading this message to all your Relatives and Friends.

Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ankit,
    was searching for stuff relating to child labour. Great blog. really appreciate your social conserns. I do not buy fireworks, but your blog really annoys.
    Thanks & regards,
    Rajeev
    Kochi
    Kerala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Mr. Rajeev
    I am glad to know that I was of any help to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great alternatives. I mean, we can make pinnis, kheer as sweets and why burst crackers, specially when we come from beautiful place like ours. :)

    Wish you a happy and safe diwali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are absolutely right Saru

      Thanks a lot for dropping by

      Thanks a lot for your wishes and same to you

      Delete

I guess, you liked this post..because you read until here, soooo long...:)
So let me know also, by leaving a comment so that i can pat myself on my back....;)