My photo

People write diaries. Their diaries describe their personality. I write on my blog. It describes me way too well. :D
My writing takes me places my mind never wanted to go
Everyone writes. From the ink of their thoughts, by the pen of their mind on the page of their face. Everyone writes.I love to write. It is a passion; a compulsion; something that gives me an avenue to express myself. I write when I am happy; when I am sad or when an issue touches my heart. I find inspiration to write in every aspect of life.
This blog is dedicated to anything and everything that fills my thoughts and occupies cranial space

Friday, August 26, 2011

Is India Really Incredible????


What is ‘incredible’ though and what is incredible about India, I wondered.
The word is derived from ‘credible’, i.e. ‘capable of being believed’. Incredible, being the antonym, means ‘so implausible as to elicit disbelief’ or ‘astonishing’. I think the impression that India is trying to create is that it is an out-of-this-world kind of nation
India is a cradle of human race, the birth place of human speech, the mother of history, the grand-mother of legend, the great grand-mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.India is a diverse country - religion, politics, education, geography, weather are all different across the country
Here is a kaleidoscopic view of "Incredible India."
The zero was invented here, IT—one of the nation's leading industries, based on ones and zeros, still one fourth of our population is illitrate.
Elephanta caves, Ajanta-Allora, Amber Fort hall of mirrors, magnificent Mughal structures, over 600 heritage monuments ripe for an emerging tourist trade as Guests are next toGod here.
Here there are Jain temples to remind us to do no harm to any living creature and temples of Kali where goats are slaughtered as servings to God.
Modern Akshardham, one of the world's biggest Hindu structures dedicated to world peace. And the crowning event, the Taj Mahal, ethereal, wondrous, a majestic monument to everlasting love resides here and also due to that love onlyhere there are honour killings of innocent youths.
Here some of the people walk miles to digest their meals and some walk miles to earn their meals.
People also say the Indian political class is very bad but India once was an exemplory example of politics at the times of Rama, Akbar, Chanakya.  Let us understand that other countries may have to learn from Indian politics of how to manage a democracy when the cake is not large enough. Other democracies may go through this situation in the years to come.
Don’t let these temporary factors which I call the noise of a democracy in transition cloud your judgment about the vibrancy of India. I feel RTI (right to information) has proved to be excellent for the country. India’s problems are not unknown. For example, which country has seen government-empowered ministers in jail, entrepreneurs in jail and bureaucrats on the docks? We are now introducing the Lokpal bill.
Sixty-four years from Independence, India has the third largest army in the world and the statue of Gandhi remains the central figure in the land and the icon of world peace. We are sending satellites to space and moon ,still worship sun ,moon ,wind as God
Corruption, red-tapism, terrorism, injustice, reservation, poverty, there are many things that can unite Indians, still Indians unite on the day of India-Pakistan Cricket Match. Isn’t it Incredible? Almost visceral. India is on a trajectory to a new future and place in the world. The great subcontinent of India is moving into a world class player. 
Thanks

4 comments:

  1. As you have defined Incredible, I would say, India is Incredible, going strictly by the definition and not by the way this word is being wanted to be used with our country.........

    Great post! Welcome back from the sabbatical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup India, really is incredible
    And Thanku very Much.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post...very well said...

    mind checking my post on incredible India?
    http://khonjtheeternalsearch.blogspot.com/2011/03/incredible-india.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sub- thanks sub
    and dat post was awesome
    i am speechless
    sorry was unable to comment dere due to net problem.....

    ReplyDelete

I guess, you liked this post..because you read until here, soooo long...:)
So let me know also, by leaving a comment so that i can pat myself on my back....;)