My photo

People write diaries. Their diaries describe their personality. I write on my blog. It describes me way too well. :D
My writing takes me places my mind never wanted to go
Everyone writes. From the ink of their thoughts, by the pen of their mind on the page of their face. Everyone writes.I love to write. It is a passion; a compulsion; something that gives me an avenue to express myself. I write when I am happy; when I am sad or when an issue touches my heart. I find inspiration to write in every aspect of life.
This blog is dedicated to anything and everything that fills my thoughts and occupies cranial space

Friday, March 01, 2013

A Walk to Remember


I take my wallet
I pick up my soul
I wear my walking shoes
I decide to take a stroll
I walk ahead
And take the right turn
I walk on da dirty streets
The big bungalows make me burn
With envy and greed
To want more and more
As if I could own an ocean
And never return to the shore
I take the next turn
I see the busy market
Vendors in the mood
To sell out all the packets
I see the kids playing
Riding their favourite bikes
And housewives dressed to impress
But talking about price hikes
I smile and walk some more
Locate some places of worship
Wonder if I should pay my respects
Or make a quick exit.
I walk some more
And hear some wedding bells
Turn the other way round
To avoid an encounter with hell.
I see the sun setting down
Behind the biggest hill
I wish I could walk some more
Or better, never to go against my will
To walk away from this world
To run away while I can
Before they turn to me
To change me from who I am!

2 comments:

I guess, you liked this post..because you read until here, soooo long...:)
So let me know also, by leaving a comment so that i can pat myself on my back....;)